Communications Committee Meeting January 24, 2015
Clinton’s 30th anniversary is this year
- organize a party?
- try to get official greenway day proclamation from Mayor? (he did it for the Decemberists)
Prudent Media Proposal
- decided it’s a worthy endeavor
- prices ok
- designs are great
- Emily can help Will with press release
- need to transition to another web hosting platform
- Chris will talk to Daniel Gebhart and Soren about moving the site
General visual identity
- did we ever come up with a final mission statement?
- BikeLoudPDX is:
- BikeLoudPDX isn’t:
- top-down bureaucracy
- traditional advocacy
Emily to send this is/isn’t list out to list serve for feedback
- Events need to be posted more regularly around the web
- Comm. Committee to divide this up
- Emily to post to AROW list, Shift list, ORbike list
- Alex keep on doing a great job on Twitter?
- Chris Shaffer to update website
- Gerald will remind people to repost their event on BikeLoud list if needed
- Post events on list 10 days out, then post a 3 day reminder on list
- Directory of members for email/phone chain? Gerald will present at next general meeting
- How to do them?
- What outlets to contact regularly?
- Which person will be in charge- the five new media contacts?
Organize more fun rides/events
- Bike Party is on Jan 30
- Bike to Brunch