General Meeting September 13, 2015

Facebook Event Page

Notes

Notes posted on BikeLoudPDX Google Group (login required)

BikeLoudPDX 9/13/15 Minutes

Meeting leader: Soren Impey Note-taker: Tom

4:00 - Introductions About 20 attended.

4:10 Activities and Actions Last month's activities – recap and evaluation

  • August 82nd Memorial protest and potluck

Held signs, walked crosswalks. Lots of people stopped, talked NA, businesses, happy we were out there Rush hour traffic, more than a couple acknowledgements Busy intersection, 1000 vehicles, pedestrians Bad pollution ACTION: Better signs? Quarterly potluck, after meeting or event social hour?

  • Wonk night

BikePortland organized, Nancy Hales represented the City Need to talk about funding, next 100M projects Pay attention to upcoming Powell project

  • Terry’s meeting with Ted Wheeler

Informational session only Relative weaknesses of Hales administration Terry’s “SE in motion” plan (need link) Barbur, Burnside, downtown, 122nd Former triathlete Wheeler seems to get the “Why” of bikes.

  • Support City Club funding recommendations?

Statement of support, stretch their recommendations? ACTION: Explore, ask Chris and Amy

  • Went to City Hall

We spoke, kids spoke City Hall: Unanimous vote of support Success! ACTION: Add clips to our website ACTION: Send one rep to Wednesday’s bike share plan (Ted, Chris, Amy, Roberta) ACTION: Prepare email script ACTION: Clarify our position ACTION: Individuals contact, create contact list, remind people, petition

  • Prepare for State’s legislative session?

4:25 Upcoming activities/actions – (~20 mins)

  • September Body Count memorial with a Funeral theme

At ODOT headquarters. Death counts higher this year. Irish wake idea could be misinterpreted ACTION: Pick a date ACTION: Media outreach

  • Hit and run carnage protest ride?
  • Weekend Safe Streets rally in Oct. -- Gerald

Thought we’d need 2 months, to partner with other groups Future rallies need advance preparation Involve kids and families, weekend ACTION: Vision Zero rally, etc. Fund the Plan, costumes, kids ACTION: Get people to the voting tomorrow

  • Sunday Parkways!

Jen Centers organizing ACTION: Emily to find good locations for our table ACTION: Add to FB page, Google Groups ACTION: Reach out to tall bike folks ACTION: Banner from FedEx

  • Tilikum improvements

ACTION: Document needed improvements

4:45 Projects, report and upcoming plans – Neighborhood Greenways:

  • Clinton Greenway Project and Open House
--What should we ask for after phase I is completed.

PBOT doing a good job, outlook seems good, adding signs: “Bikes may use full lanes” --More flyers for Clinton --No funding for Mt.Tabor diverters. --Separate encouragement for everybody to send comments after open house. --Open House for Clinton on the September 16th Abernathy School

  • Additional Temporary Diverters -- Where? Ankeny, Going?

North Wall Bike Lane Missing from current reconfiguration plans.

  • Restore contiguous bike lanes adjacent to the new New Seasons?

ACTION: Draft a letter to NS and the City about bike lane removal

  • Montavilla and Lents Neighborhood Associations need board members

5:10 -- Communications

  • Email list for newsletter: Done
  • FAQ

ACTION: Post FAQ deadline, as a regular proposal

  • Listening tools

ACTION: Create a list of listening tools so we can be alerted when news breaks

  • Who is monitoring/admining our email accounts and social media accounts?

GMail inbox: Alex, Emily, Chris S., Tom Twitter: Alex, Tom Facebook Group: Alex, Terry, Tom Facebook Page: Ted, Emily, Aaron P., Terry, Tom ACTION: Communications group will discuss “Public and private options for internal communications.” Newsletter Terry can write columns ACTION: Collect email addresses at Sunday Parkways ACTION: Add BikeLoud Google Group people Emily’s lists have been added to the master email list?

5:20 – Organizational Development (30 mins)

  • Code of Conduct development, Roberta Robles and Emily Guise. (~5 mins)

Event, meeting, online conduct Emily read draft ACTION: Emily will post, deadline to comment is next meeting when we’ll vote to adopt the Code. How do we vote - consensus-based roughly?

  • Mission statement -- update -- committee? (~2 mins)
  • Non-profit status

Oregon Public Benefit Organization Recognized as an equal at planning events ACTION: Need to know implications for lobbying, etc. Leadership to summarize pros and cons and present at a future meeting.

  • Get money from orgs like REI?
  • How to have an event or document endorsed by BikeLoudPDX
  ---Discuss a mechanism by which we can approve events/rides/documents rapidly. How many endorsements/votes and by whom?

We have the fast-track approval process, need to socialize it periodically.


Agenda (posted 18:49 September 12, 2015)

Agenda Discussion on BikeLoudPDX Google Group (login required)

This general meeting will be on Sunday, September 13, 4:00-6:00 in Piccolo Park (SE 27th between Division and Clinton).

Soren Impey, Chair

Note taker ?

Agenda:

4:00 - Introductions

4:10 Activities and Actions

Last month's activities – recap and evaluation

  • August 82nd Memorial and potluck
  • Wonk night
  • Meeting with Ted Wheeler?
  • Support City Club funding recommendations?

http://www.pdxcityclub.org/streetfee

4:25 Upcoming activities/actions – (~20 mins)

  • September Body Count memorial with a Funeral theme
  • Hit and run carnage protest ride?
  • Weekend Safe Streets rally in Oct. -- Gerald.

4:45 Projects, report and upcoming plans –

Neighborhood Greenways:

  • Clinton Greenway Project and Open House
--What should we ask for after phase I is completed.
  • Additional Temporary Diverters -- Where? Ankeny, Going?

North Wall Bike Lane Missing from current reconfiguration plans.

*Restore contiguous bike lanes adjacent to the new New Seasons?

https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!topic/bikeloudpdx/ia6guXjXGgs

5:10 -- Communications

  • email list for newsletter
  • newsletter development
  • FAQ
  • Who is monitoring/admining our email accounts and social media accounts?

5:20 – Organizational Development (30 mins)

  • Code of Conduct development, Roberta Robles and Emily Guise. (~5 mins)
  • Mission statement -- update -- committee? (~2 mins)
  • Non-profit status
  • How to have an event or document endorsed by BikeLoudPDX
  ---Discuss a mechanism by which we can approve events/rides/documents rapidly. How many endorsements/votes and by whom?
  • Post code of conduct and media/list policies online.

5:35 -- Other items

Adjourn before 6.