Safer Clinton Meeting March 14, 2015
We had a great Safer Clinton meeting on 3/14, thanks to all who made it, and anyone please chime in with important additions I've missed here.
We had an impassioned discussion about the needs for education signage, and continued advocacy of all stripes.
Advocates' Greenway Standards
We all agreed that the lack of greenway standards within the city made much of this work (signage, education, enforcement) difficult -- but we can still advocate. With the expectation that PBOT will come out with their own standards in March or April, we should be prepared to respond to that. Meanwhile, crafting our own desires about the greenways would be helpful to push the envelope; Brent agreed to take a stab at drafting own greenways standards, and will circulate it when he has a draft. Thanks Brent!
We <bike> Clinton
Schwag is coming! You can check out (and buy!) some preliminary designs here, with more on the way. Watch this space.
There was an incident between two cars outside of New Day School at 18th & Clinton, and the school would like to write a letter to the city supporting traffic calming at that location. Jessica & Kari will work on petition language to bring around to businesses on Clinton in support of street improvements that improve safety for people visiting businesses along the street, and help reduce non-local through traffic to make it safer for people.
Other Info & Announcements
So much love for the Sprocket Podcast, and here's some love from Alex & Kari's session.
Oregon Active Transportation Summit is March 30-31, including five FREE mobile workshops on 3/29 (links to register):
- Sunday, 1:00- 2:45 pm: The Orange MAX Line as an Active Transportation Corridor: Northern Section Mobile Tour (Bike Tour) Start/end Sentinel Hotel
- Sunday, March 29th, 1:00-3:00 pm: Neighborhood Greenways Tour: Past, Present, and Future (Bike Tour) Start Ladd's Circle, End Base Camp Brewing 930 SE Oak
- Sunday, March 29th, 3:00-5:00 pm: Advocates of All Stripes (Bike Tour) Start/end Sentinel Hotel
- Sunday, March 29th, 3:00-5:00 pm: Foster Road: From Mean Street to Main Street (Bike Tour) Start/end Sentinel Hotel
- Sunday, March 29th, 3:30-5:30 pm: Tour a Potential new “Green Loop” alignment through downtown Portland (Bike Ride) Start NW 9th & Lovejoy