Revision as of 13:40, 15 September 2016 by Loud
BikeLoudPDX is a new Portland-focused cycling advocacy group. Our goal is to empower Portlanders to create safer streets via grassroots advocacy campaigns.
Join us as we travel from Portland to Salem for the Livable Streets Day of Action to call on our Oregon state legislators and Oregon Governor Kate Brown to prioritize funding for road safety and active transportation.
BikeLoudPDX is hosting two ride and Livable Streets Action is organizing other transportation options. There will be two rides to Salem: a “general ride” for all interested participants that will be slower and begin closer to Salem, and a “speed ride” for those who wish to cycle the full distance from Portland to Salem at a faster pace.
- For ride details: https://www.facebook.com/events/1015085308605188/
- For "Livable Streets Action Day" event details: https://www.facebook.com/events/171450939945796/
- Protected bikeways on commercial corridors prioritizing the most dangerous and cost effective sections that have local support (Barbur, Broadway-Sandy, Belmont-Burnside).
- Complete our greenway system ASAP including a High End East Green Loop. All decisions should be made in favor of active transportation including micro park rest-stops and motor vehicle diversion every quarter mile. “Park Ribbon Promenades” should be created through park-poor neighborhoods and near major roadways. This would be a cultural asset for the entire city.
- Transfer auto-focused infrastructure money to neighborhood greenways and bike lanes citywide.
- Pick an urban center and make it as bike- and pedestrian-friendly as possible. Our first choice would be the Hollywood Town Center as it lies within the heart of the central eastside and includes the NE Sandy high crash corridor.