See our events page for our calendar and upcoming BikeLoud PDX activities.
Join the Conversation
Most communication among BikeLoud PDX folks happens on Slack. Connect with others using some of these channels:
- #general - discussion among the community
- #bikeloud-rides - news about rides lead by BikeLoud members
- #blam - BikeLoud Action Meetings
- #blsee - for BikeLoud's south-east and east chapter
- #ne-n-chapter - for the north and northeast chapter
- #west-chapter - for the west chapter
BikeLoud Action Meetings
BikeLoud Action Meetings (BLAM) are a way for members to get together to exchange ideas and projects. These are held every two weeks, alternating in-person in the evening, and daytime via Zoom. Find the schedule via the #blam channel on Slack.
We share news, ideas, and plans at our monthly meeting, on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 6pm. Mostly online, but sometimes outdoors in the good weather. Checkout our newsletter for details.
Want to help us promote cycling and active transportation? Check out our advocacy campaigns.
BikeLoud is an entirely volunteer-run organization. We could currently use more help with social media, finances, and coordinating testimony. Have a skill or idea you'd like to share with us? E-mail us at email@example.com. We often share new opportunities as they come up, so make sure to keep in touch with us and take a look at upcoming events.
Other Safe Streets Advocates
We're so grateful to the many community organizations that help advocate for safer streets. Click here to learn more about them.
- Be courteous to other road users, especially pedestrians.
- Be kind and understanding to new cyclists.
- Know your rights as a cyclist.
- Learn safer cycling techniques.
- When shopping/visiting businesses, bring bike accessories in with you, or subtly mention that you cycled to the shop.
- Compliment business employees on their bike parking (if they have it) or request additional/better bike parking (if they don't).
- Report dangerous/broken/deficient bicycle infrastructure to 823-SAFE (email: firstname.lastname@example.org / phone: (503) 823-SAFE).
- Report vehicle parking violations to the Parking Enforcement Hotline or PDX Reporter and Bike Lane Uprising.