2023: New Year, New Opportunities
we have had an explosive year in 2022. We grew so much this year, it's hard to state in a single newsletter. But a quick recap and some highlights:
- Lead over 50 PedalPalooza Rides!
- Handed out over 1,000 Valentine's cards offering #BikeLove for all street users
- Organized over a dozen policy rides with city staff and community-builders
- Wrote a total of 10 letters supporting a variety of actions to make biking better for Portlanders
- Fundraised for Portland's first community advocacy trike to be used at all future advocacy events.
- Worked with Hacienda CDC to provide parking-protected bike lanes on NE Killingsworth Street
- Started weekly tabling at both the PSU Farmers Market and the Woodstock Farmers Market
- Sued the City of Portland for not following the Pedestrian and Bicycle Bill
- Participated in our first Park(ing) Day event at City Hall
- Grown from 400 subscribers, to over 1,000
- Helped facilitate a vigil and memorial ride after the death of Martin Crommie
- Did our first annual Family Bikepacking Trip
- Managed community building events like Sundays on Going
- Corked and provided traffic management for the bustling Alameda Bike Bus
- Helped provide protest assistance for this year's Youth Climate Strike
- Co-organized rally with Oregon Walks and The Street Trust for a human-protected bike lane after the death of Sarah Pliner
- SO much more
We really appreciate everyone who has committed time to make all these things possible, even as a grassroots, all-volunteer group!
If you are interested in supporting more of these kinds of activism in 2023, we encourage supporting BikeLoud PDX by becoming a monthly/annual donating member as we look for more growth in 2023!