Want to help us promote cycling and active transportation? Check out our advocacy campaigns.
Bike Loud is an entirely volunteer-run organization. We could currently use more help with social media, finances, and coordinating testimony. Have a skill or idea you'd like to share with us? E-mail us at email@example.com. We often share new opportunities as they come up, so make sure to keep in touch with us and take a look at upcoming events.
Other Safe Streets Advocates
We're so grateful to the many community organizations that help advocate for safer streets. Click here to learn more about them.
Hit the Pavement
- Be courteous to other road users, especially pedestrians. Be kind and understanding to new cyclists.
- Know your rights as a cyclist and practice safer cycling techniques, for example taking the lane instead of riding in the door zone on roads without bike facilities. On Neighborhood Greenways, the sharrows indicate the recommended riding position.
- When shopping/visiting businesses, bring bike accessories in with you, or subtly mention that you cycled to the shop. Compliment business employees on their bike parking (if they have it) or request additional/better bike parking (if they don't).
- Report dangerous/broken/deficient bicycle infrastructure to 823-SAFE (email: firstname.lastname@example.org / phone: (503) 823-SAFE).
- Report vehicle parking violations to the Parking Enforcement Hotline or PDX Reporter and Bike Lane Uprising.